Integrating nature into your home is aesthetically critical and adds an emotional feeling of grandeur. But what’s the difference between the 3 favored types of stone to use; Sandstone, marble, and granite?
- While feeling softer on your feet than granite, it is very durable and can last decades.
- It’s eco-friendly compared to some other materials.
- Broken tiles can be easily replaced.
Its ability to absorb water, unlike granite, makes it more susceptible to staining and molding than other materials.
- Unique appearance and patterns.
- Wide range of colors compared to other materials.
- Easy to polish and clean.
- It is a fragile material and so is more susceptible to cracking, breaking, and chipping.
- Gets very slippery when wet.
- As an extremely durable material, it’s a kitchen favorite due to the heavy traffic it can endure.
- As a non-porous material, granite is highly water-resistant meaning it won’t take water damage.
- Lack of color variety.
- Heavier than other materials, so make sure countertops are appropriately supported.